• If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • You already know Dokkio is an AI-powered assistant to organize & manage your digital files & messages. Very soon, Dokkio will support Outlook as well as One Drive. Check it out today!



This version was saved 16 years, 8 months ago View current version     Page history
Saved by PBworks
on October 17, 2007 at 12:55:28 pm

Don't have a license?  Getting a scooter license is a good option.


Important: An AAA international license will not permit you to drive a scooter unless you have note on the license saying 'permission to drive two-wheeled vehicles'


If you have a domestic license, you can bring it, but you probably won't need it.  The reason is you're not converting your current license, you're just getting a TOTALLY NEW limited license for scooters.  It's just as if you were a Japanese teenager


You have to take a scooter laws written test, which is in English, and then a full day class in Japanese (costs 7000 yen, pretty fun class, actually)


To prepare for the written test you should ask your tantousha to get you a book called 'The Rules of the Road', which is in English.  I can't remember what the Japanese name is, but just have her call the Menkyo Center (driver's license office), and then she can ask them for an English guide to preparing for the scooter test.


The written test isn't too hard, but you would definitely fail it if you didn't study.  You have to answer questions about things like the number of centimeters that a package is allowed to hang off your scooter and stuff like that.

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.